Subject: Re: Congratulations & PAL console
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Emmanuel Marty <emarty@suntech.fr>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/19/2000 09:22:25
Todd Whitesel wrote:

> > www.tronixweb.com list them for US $29.95 + shipping.
> > This is the SNK Neo-Geo Pocket Color <-> Dreamcast link
> > cable.
>
> Yep. I also noticed a "4 meg memory w/ PC Cable" item for about the same
> price... the PC Cable part of that sounds much more like what we want,
> however the picture makes it look like the thing requires connecting to
> something inside the Dreamcast!  Does anyone out there know what's the
> deal with that cable?

A friend has such a thing (4 MB memory card + PC cable and software) and
offered me to borrow it if I want to toy with it.

I was thinking that perhaps, we can download code into the memory card,
and then make a bootable CD that would load the code from the card
into the CPU memory and jump into it.

That would be a 'least effort' solution as far as hardware is concerned..
Don't know if that's doable :)

> I'll try calling tronix during the day but given their FAQ question about
> busy phones I have no idea if I'll get through.

Tell us all when you know :)

--
Emmanuel