Subject: Re: Porting NetBSD to Sega Dreamcast / 200MHz SH4
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Kyle Drake <kyledrake@usinternet.com>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/01/2000 04:46:02
Hi sonikku! LTNS! :-)

When I initially looked over the sh3 code (and compared the variables
with what is documented in the sh4 pdfs) i saw no signifigant
difference, it would have booted without any serious complications (i
dont know what they added to make it have sh4 support, possibly a new
feature on the sh4?)

The gd-rom issue was the biggest problem to tackle, because it was not
known whether or not it was possible to get around it (without resorting
to mod chips) and now that this new information has come up, a serious
hurdle has been avoided.  The rest is not a problem, all we need to do
is write code. :-)

I am going to play around with the assembler and try to get some small
code booting tomorrow, and if I get bored, I might throw the netbsd/sh3
kernel on a disk, and see how far it gets

That's all i've got to say, thanks for the links!

--
Kyle Drake