Subject: Re: Support for Epson Card-Sh
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Andreas Hofer <ho@dsa-ac.de>
List: port-sh3
Date: 11/24/1999 19:26:31
> To:            ho@dsa-ac.de
> Cc:            port-sh3@netbsd.org
> Subject:       Re: Support for Epson Card-Sh
> From:          itojun@iijlab.net
> Date:          Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:14:03 +0900

> >Epson offers a nice SH3 based Module called Card-SH. Do you think that
> >NetBSD could support it?
>
> 	I'm not quite sure, but should be possible.
> 	Do you have URL for that device?
>
> itojun

Take a look at the manual

http://www.eea.epson.com/zip/SCE8700C_HW.zip

or the data sheet

http://www.eea.epson.com/pdfs/SH-DS2(E).pdf

or

http://www.eea.epson.com/library/cardtechdata.htm

for an overview on the related documentation.

Besides the processor SH7709A (133MHz) the module contains:

- 16 or 32 MB SDRAM
- BIOS ROM
- Epson SED1355 SVGA controller with 2MB video RAM with the ability
to connect VGA or LCD (STN or TFT)
- I/O controller companion chip providing
	* One compact flash card socket
	* Two PCMCIA slots
	* Four serial ports
	* Parallel port
	* Keyboard, Mouse
- 240 pin connector for connection of peripherals and additional
hardware

Epson offers a development kit (hardware and software) which is
primarly intended to run the module under WinCE. But since it is
possible to  start the module from an external EEPROM on the
development base board, it should be possible to boot nearly
anything.

Andreas
---
DSA - Daten- und Systemtechnik GmbH