Re: 5.1_RC2 panics during install on indy

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 23:05:03 +0100
George Harvey <fr30%dial.pipex.com@localhost> wrote:

> Back home now, and built a patched kernel using my R4600 box. Moved the
> disk over to the R5000 box and accidently booted the GENERIC kernel
> instead of the patched version. Somewhat to my surprise, that was
> successful, goes multiuser and is currently compiling some test
> programs. The panics I saw with the INSTALL kernel were SCSI related so
> I'm going to run some disk/filesystem test programs on both the INSTALL
> and GENERIC kernels to see what happens.

Well, I've now run bonnie++ on both the GENERIC and INSTALL kernels
without any panics so I think I'll have to try another complete install
just to see if my original panic is reproducable or not. In the
meantime, I tried RC2 on my R5000 Challenge S and got an entirely
different panic. I'll start a new thread for that one.

George