Re: R4000 Indy login problems

Stephen M.  Rumble wrote:

On 07.03.09 15:38:40 you wrote:

>> with all the recent kernels I have a strange problem with getty and/
>> or login.
>
> I think that I ran into this a month or two ago, after the 64-bit
> time_t changes. I believe it had something to do with broken backwards
> compatibility. jmmv@ figured it out. I'm CC'ing him in case it was
> never fixed.
>
> Ah, here it is:
> http://julipedia.blogspot.com/2009/01/pwdmkdb-and-new-timet.html

I was wrong. There *are* core dumps.
Always when I try to login I get an sh.core in the user's home directory.
Then getty restarts.

Sometimes login works though, and I could use the system.

Analyzing the core dump with gdb difficult as the stack is out of bounds.
No trace-back possible.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/