Re: X on O2, this time for real

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Michael wrote:
I just commited the missing bits to make my CRIME driver work with native Xorg and in the process got rid of most (all?) the remaining glitches. This needs xf86-video-crime and libxaa.so.1 rebuilt.

I've got it up and running on 5.0_RC2, it looks very nice!

One nit, 'glxgears' seems to trigger instant X server death. Might not be easily avoidable if a GL screensaver starts up.

Apart from that performance seems very reasonable; I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks building GNOME and we'll see how that goes.

Great work Michael!
Jared