Re: Newport graphics - testers & input needed

Michael wrote:

> there's a weirdness in the way the newport's VC2 chip generates the
> cursor sprite - depending on chip revision, board revision and FSM
> knows what else different values have to be added to the X coordinate.
> The existing logic failed on my R5k Indy with 24bit Newport so I
> adapted it.

Same here. I already reported the problem, and a possible fix to it, a long
time ago: http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=34759

> So, if you have an Indy with 8bit or 24bit newport please post your
> board / chip revisions and the appropriate X offset for your hardware.
> I'll start with mine:
>
> 24bit Newport, board rev. 1, CMAP rev. 5, XMAP rev. 5, VC2 rev. 0,
> offset 29

I have a different board rev., otherwise exactly the same (24bit Newport):
newport0 at gio0: SGI NG1 (board revision 5, cmap revision 5, xmap revision 5,
vc2 revision 0), depth 8

And I also need offset 29!

> besides that, I fixed a few bugs in the newport driver:
> - - downwards scrolling now works
> - - scrolls and fills no longer cover an extra line of character cells
> So, text editors are now usable in the console.

Great! Works fine for me.

I saw that you applied exactly the same patch to gio/newport.c which I
suggested in my PR #34759! :)

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/