Subject: Re: O2 R5000 & NetBSD (Current)
To: None <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/16/2007 16:56:54
> > Started the computer again, and got the following error:
> >
> > Autoboot failed:
> > pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(0)/unix : media not loaded
>
> The firmware tries to load IRIX - change 'unix' to 'boot', the path  =

> may be wrong as well.

This is described somewhat in the install notes under "Installing
the NetBSD system", except it has a really cheap cop-out when it
comes to telling the user about the boot ROM -- it just instructs
the user to peruse the IRIX "prom" manual page.

In general, I really wish we were better at providing "boot rom
survival guides" for our various ports.

  =

 =

 =

> IRIX uses.
> Yes, that's way more complicated than necessary.

Yes, it is.  As Martin says, the installer does the right thing.
It would be helpful, though, to have a manual page to go with the
sgivol program...

Regards,

- H=E5vard