Subject: Re: Some feedback about netbsd on indigo --> part I: a kernel panic
To: Pierre Letouzey <Pierre.Letouzey@pps.jussieu.fr>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/31/2006 20:41:32
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 06:50:28PM +0100, Pierre Letouzey wrote:
> ------------------ test_triv.s ------------------------
>         .text
>         .align 2
>         .globl  __start
>
> __start:
>         li $2,1    # $v0 = 1 i.e. syscall exit
>         syscall
>
> ... and compiled in the following way:
>
>   gcc -nostdlib -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -static -o test_triv test_triv.s

The binary created by this is not a NetBSD binary - one of the emulations
compiled into your kernel pick it up and try to execute it. You need a
note section marking the code as native NetBSD binary to get it executed
as you intend.

On a custom -current kernel (with most emulations removed) I get:

./test_triv: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

The kernel crash should be fixed, nevertheless (or maybe the fix pulled
up)

Martin