Subject: Re: Newbee
To: James Robinson <jmrobinson3@verizon.net>
From: Stephen M. Rumble <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/26/2006 22:11:46
Quoting James Robinson <jmrobinson3@verizon.net>:

> Update,
> I was able to get my IP20 (R4400) to netboot the aoutboot from my tftpd
> server. The problem I am having is that after the aoutboot starts, I
> keep getting an error when it then tries to find the netbsd files. does
> aoutboot tftp the netbsd file, or is it tring to use NFS?
> Any Ideas?

You need to netboot the kernel, not the bootloader. The bootloader
will only boot the kernel from a local partition, which I imagine is
what it's trying to do. Try netbooting the GENERIC32_IP2x kernel and
see what happens. If you have a local disk and don't care about
overwriting it, I think that you should be able to netboot an install
kernel and get a system installed over the network.

Steve