Subject: Re: Excuse my ignorance/Heresy
To: Max Matveev , SgiMIPS <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Generatrix Dev. Co. <generatrix_vcs@yahoo.com.ar>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/27/2006 18:26:39
 --- Max Matveev <makc@gmx.co.uk> escribió:

> writes:
>
>  >>> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:08:45PM +1000, Glenn
> Barry wrote:
>  >>>> My question is what is the feasability of
> porting the NetBSD USB drivers
>  >>>> over to Irix?
>
> And use it with what? An USB card in O2's PCI slot?

 ...There are many other interesting models too from
SGI which should be benefited of having working the
USB Stack, as an example:

 O2, Octane, Octane2, Fuel, Tezro, Onyx Series, Origin
Series (with a suitable graphic head), etc...

>  abs>  	Another 'interesting' project would be a
> COMPAT_IRIX to allow
>  abs>  	running of IRIX binaries (such as an
> accelerated X server) under
>  abs>  	NetBSD...
>
> Alas, there is more to IRIX graphics then just
> COMPAT_IRIX and system
> calls.

 Probably; and also, there are ton of hardware
assisted graphic/video subsystems, either for analog
and/or digital signals, and also hardware assisted
audio subsystems with professional capabilities...
hence the usefulness of having working the USB Drivers
on IRIX.

 Anyway, the MIPS port for NetBSD looks every day more
interesting, and it would be cool if IRIX could be
upgraded with some of the NetBSD advances in the
drivers arena.

 Greetings,
 Diego De Giorgio

Diego A. De Giorgio