Subject: Re: IP32 hangs after reboot
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul Jakma <paul@clubi.ie>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/22/2006 16:34:54
On Sun, 21 May 2006, Paul Jakma wrote:

>> IP32 R12k wont boot cleanly after a reboot. After shutting down from netbsd
>> the machine has to be fully reset (or init from PROM) before booting netbsd
>> again, otherwise it hangs after printing below:

>> scsibus1 at ahc1: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
>> biomask 07 netmask 07 ttymask 07 clockmask 87
>> <and no more>

Further datapoint: This only appears to happen if you try reboot from
a netbooted kernel (userspace on local disk). Reboot from a fully
disk-hosted netbsd works fine.

Odd.

As added google fodder, the full list of O2 IP32 R10k/R12k issues is:

- soft reboots cause the rebooted kernel to hang, seems to be
   specific to netbooted kernels in some way
- only the first 256MB of RAM is recognised
- Pretty unstable, prone to resetting, sometimes leaving:

   'crime: cpu error 4 at address .....'

   errors in the log. (r10k/r12k cache coherence, or incoherence
   rather, issue according to archives.).

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A