Subject: Re: Indigo 2 serial console problem (accessing the PROM)
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/30/2005 00:08:08
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:00:25 +0100
R=E9mi Zara <remi_zara@mac.com> wrote:

> well it seems that the machine does not boot with the video card off.
> The power light stays off, and reset and power button have no effect.
Is there a flat power cable and a small two wire cable from the PSU to
the riser card with the GIO slots? If yes, there should be a smal PCB at
the outside of the PSU. Connect the two cables to that PCB when no GFX
is pluged in.

I had that "doesn't pwer on" problem once and needed to reseat the riser
card to get it fixed...

> Can I try to enter the prom blindly ? If I type "ESC" from a keyboard=20
> attached to the indigo, will it enter the PROM ?
Yes, you can. But I don't know the cammands you need out of my head. :-(
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen