Subject: NetBSD on an Indy R5000
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: iMac <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/05/2005 18:30:24
After having allowed my R5000 Indy to sit dormant on a shelf for half a
year, I've finally managed to get dhcpd and tftp working so that I could
install NetBSD.  I'm now in the process of installing NetBSD 2.1 after
having cut my teeth with 2.0.2 yesterday.

I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able to find answers for at
the NetBSD site or through Google.  My questions are as follows:

a) I'm feeling kind of stupid for even asking this question, as I feel the
answer is a big fat 'no', but I'm going to ask anyway.  Does NetBSD support
the IndyCam?  (ducking and running)

b) Does NetBSD support any of the audio/video in ports of the Indy? (Vino,
etc.)

c) Are there any Indy specific applications available that take advantage of
unique Indy hardware (ASICS, Etc.) and, if so, where can they be found?

Thanks,

Slim Will