Subject: ip27 support
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: David Cummings <real.psyence@gmail.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/12/2005 16:23:10
I have set up a cross-compile box for this project. I am a little
unsure where to start. I would like help creating a TODO for this
project. Since ARCS and the R10k are covered, it's mostly
ip27-specific stuff, right? Ok, a cursory glance gives me:

All the files wherein case MACH_SGI_IP27 needs to appear, machdep.c,
bus.c, etc.
I googled but could not find a complete list. Does anyone have or
could provide a complete list of system-dependent files in the kernel
source?

Support for a few things need to be added:
xbow asics, ioc3 ethernet, xio support for pci(if there's interest), etc.=
=20
I am also wondering if anyone has played with NUMA support. If not,
that will be an interesting project and part of the list.

I'm obviously forgetting a lot of stuff as I'm not fully entrenched in
the code yet. At the very least, I'd like a comprehensive TODO, so if
anyone can help with that, please do.

I will be putting a list up on my site after I get some feedback.=20

Thanks very much,=20
-Dave Cummings
--=20
The way that can be named is not the Way.