Subject: *mask variables in intr.h
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/03/2005 08:05:48
Huston, we have a problem...

It seems no other arch exports biomask, netmask, ttymask and clockmask
as prominently as sgimips does.

This is a problem, because "netmask" is a pretty common variable name in
networking code - so with the -current -Wshadow compile options, we loose
(netiso and nfs won't compile at least).

If sgimips wouldn't be the only one doing this (if I grepped correctly),
I would just rename the offending variables.

Now we have multiple choices: we could just rename the variables (to _netmask,
for example), or we could create an array of the masks and turn splnet()
into _splraise(splmasks[IPL_NET]) - or something along that line.

Thoughts?

Martin