Subject: Re: i386->sgimips cross compile for R5k
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Dmitri Nikulin <setagllib@optusnet.com.au>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/28/2005 13:43:30
 >Just a side note: NetBSD does not support the n32 (nor n64) ABI.

Oh, oops. I figured since I had such gruelling troubles trying to get
Linux to use -mabi=32 that n32 was the only practical solution, but it
must be the other way around here. I could have sworn I had user land
binaries compiled from pkgsrc with n32 in an older install on the same
machine in NetBSD, but don't take my word on it.

The cross compile went fine until much later when this happened:

RESCUEDIR=/rescue
MAKE=/usr/src/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-2.0_STABLE-i386/bin/nbmake
/usr/src/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-2.0_STABLE-i386/bin/nbcrunchgen -f -D
/usr/src  -L /usr/src/obj/destdir.sgimips/usr/lib -q  rescue.conf
rescue.conf: rcorder: error: no objpaths specified or calculated.
rescue.conf: rcorder: ignoring program because of errors.
Run "make -f rescue.mk objs exe" to build crunched binary.

What now? Give up?

Is anyone else having these problems? The source tree is a netbsd-2 kept
fresh every day or so.