Subject: Re: Problems with 2.0RC4 on my Indy
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/23/2004 21:26:04
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Frank Wille wrote:

> - The NG1 driver places the cursor one position to the left
>  besides the correct one. When I type a character I can't see
>  it, because the cursor will appear immediately over it. ;)

I see that too, but not always. On some boots everything is fine. I didn't
yet find a pattern though.

>  My graphics card is reported a "depth 8", although it's 24 bit.
>  Maybe this has something to do with it?

I guess not since my card is 8 bit.

> - "poweroff" works, but the Indy's shutdown-melody is destroyed.
>  I hear a loud random noise.

Same on my indy. It made me wonder whether it would be possible to replace
the boot/shutdown melodies. :)

(dmesg at
http://moon.vub.ac.be/~dieter/NetBSD/dmesgs/dmesg.sgimips.bassdrive)

Kind regards,
dieter

--
 	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
 		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu