Subject: Re: Problems with 2.0RC4 on my Indy
To: port-sgimips <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/14/2004 12:33:35
Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> (Frank, fix your anti-spam configuration.  Japanese are typically not
> spammers (of non-Japanese, at least); rejecting email based on country
> of origin, in an international forum, is quite rude)

You're absolutely right! I can't believe that. I will contact my
provider immediately. Can you show me a copy of the returned
"spam"-mail? You could send it to <frank.wille@de.anker-systems.com>
which is my address at work.

From the header of your last mail, I assume that
  rezrov.as.wakwak.ne.jp
was the address being rejected?

> > Do we have a workaround for the R4000 "branch to end of page" hardware
> > bug?
>
> No.  After reviewing the errata, I'm pretty sure that this is the bug
> that causes your problem.

Great! At least it's another bug to fix.

> > Linux got it.
>
> That's nice.  I'm not sufficiently clued on MIPS TLB handling, so I
> won't be able to fix it fast enough to satisfy you.  Perhaps someone
> else will have the inclination to help you.

Would be nice. I would try it myself, but my MIPS coding skills
are nearly non-existent (M68k or PowerPC would be no problem).

Maybe the problem should be cross-posted to "port-mips", as it
affects all MIPS architectures running R4000s?

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
_ //  http://devnull.owl.de/~frank/