Subject: Finally have hardware
To: 'port-sgimips@NetBSD.org' <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Mottl, Thomas (SAW Enterprises) <thomas.mottl-eds@eds.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/29/2004 09:52:37
I have recently acquired an Indigo2 with 4GB hard drive, 128MB RAM, and no
CD-ROM.

I've read through the install notes from the NetBSD site (which are dated 7
September, 2002) and it says the video / keyboard / mouse are not supported,
but the sgimips page on the NetBSD site say they are.  Is this just in
-current, since the directions are for 1.6.2?

If so, how can I get a version of -current onto my drive (which as far as I
know is blank) without the CD-ROM, should I just follow the FTP directions
for 1.6.2 and point it somewhere else?

I'm completely new to sgi/mips hardware, but I've used NetBSD/i386 and
NetBSD/PPC before (in both cases installing from CD though).

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Mottl
Senior Database Developer - Saw Enterprises International, Inc.
EDS/NMCI FileMaker Support