Subject: Re: Looking for something to do ;)
To: R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@tamu.edu>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/29/2004 14:25:11
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 08:53:31PM +0000, R. Tyler Ballance wrote:

> I'm just looking for what really needs to get done, I'm not as talented in C
> as I would like to be, but I can code fine.

Here's an abbreviated version of my sgimips bug list:

* figure out why dynamic binaries on -current dump core (static are fine; this
  is probably due to the recent crtstuff commits)

* investigate the ahc "resource shortage" errors on IP32 that prevent installs
  from CDROM

* investigate the system coma syndrome on R5000 machines (I don't have any r5k
  boxen; this will probably require a rototill of pmap, which in turn will draw
  the usual criticism from Nishimura-san, etc)

* debug the grtwo driver.  Fills still don't work, and there is no hardware
  cursor.

For straight coding projects, the following need done:

* glass TTY console for IP32.  There's a linux implementation that can be used
  as a reference.

* EISA for IP22.  I have an implementation, but my IP22 doesn't see it's
  EISA/GIO riser card :(

* make various 802.11 PCI cards work with IP32 (driver endian issues).

* r10k cache coherency on IP32.  Might be as simple as passing a flag to the
  bus_dma_* routines.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)