Subject: Re: New 2.0 snapshot available
To: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/10/2004 20:45:03
On Tue Aug 10 2004 at 17:51:16 +0100, Christian Smith wrote:
> Installation notes has IP12 as a supported architecture, but I notice no
> IP12 kernels in the snapshot. Do you have an working IP12 kernel that can
> be used with this snapshot?
>
> Just thought I'd ask before diving in and trying to compiling one.

Well, um, the IP12 kernel config file is kinda missing, because we
haven't yet decided what to do with it (there are annoying problems in
how to divide the sgimips config files).  So for now it's a "roll your
own from GENERIC32_IP2x".  And because there's no config file, it's not
a surprise that the kernel doesn't get built as part of the release.

Creating a IP12 config file takes 4 easy steps starting from
GENERIC32_IP2x:
  * change TEXTADDR from 0x88069000 to 0x80002000
  * replace MIPS3 with MIPS1
  * add: pic0 at mainbus0 addr 0x1fa00000
  * add: gio0 at pic0

Then just compile & fly away.  If you have any problems, don't hesitate
to ask.

  - antti

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD