Subject: Re: O2 boot problems
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Joseph Key <jkey@tomobiki.dyndns.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/06/2004 22:45:05
Joseph Key <jkey@usa.net> said:

> I have successfully installed using the new snapshot. I used the old
> boot cd (didn't want to burn another one) and the new snapshot files
> download and made available on my local network.  I did install a pci
> network card to use during the install. I noticed that the onboard nic
> is reconised now.
> Now I'll download the install kernel and try it with just the onboard
> nic to see if I can install from the network without having to put a
> second nic in the pci slot.
>
> Joseph Key

Worked, using the install kernel netbsd-INSTALL32_IP3x.gz gunzip and placed in the tftpboot
directory. I was able to install all the packages using the ftp option in sysinst. This install
was done using the onboard nic mec0. I used the 2004-08-05 snapshot files.

Thanks, now I have an O2 that does more then collect dust.

Joseph Key