Subject: Re: O2 boot problems
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Joseph Key <jkey@usa.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/05/2004 19:33:15
Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 02:54:17AM -0000, Joseph Key wrote:
>

>>At this point I get the cd0(ahc0:0:4:0): adapter resource shortage error
>>and that is a far as it can go.
>

> This is a known problem (the sgimips bus_dmamap code does not interact well
> with the ahc driver); I've not had a chance to track it down.
>
> Booting from CD works.  Installing sets from CD does not.
>

>>Next I tried booting the netbsd-GENERIC32-ip3x.gz through tftp. I got the
>>kernel to boot but the ethernet port isn't detected so I can't mount the nfs
>>root file system.
>

> Tsutsui-san committed the O2 ethernet driver after I made that snapshot
> available.
>
> I'm building an updated snapshot now.  When finished, I will upload it to the
> same place as the previous snapshot.
>
> -- Chris
> 	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)

I have successfully installed using the new snapshot. I used the old
boot cd (didn't want to burn another one) and the new snapshot files
download and made available on my local network.  I did install a pci
network card to use during the install. I noticed that the onboard nic
is reconised now.
Now I'll download the install kernel and try it with just the onboard
nic to see if I can install from the network without having to put a
second nic in the pci slot.

Joseph Key