Subject: Re: help booting SGI O2 from CDROM?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/30/2004 21:40:26
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Malcolm Herbert wrote:

> I burnt the 1.6.2 install CD and fired the O2 up to the PROM and used
> the notes to try and alter the PROM environment to boot from the CD (as
> given in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.2/sgimips/INSTALL.html)

  Where did you get the install CD image.  The one in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.6.2/sgimipscd.iso is an ISO 9660
image, which is not bootable.  I think someone made a bootable CD image
which was formatted as an SGI disk, but I don't remember the details.  It
should be in the mailing list archives somewhere.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant