Subject: Re: Login confusion on Challenge S => fixed
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Marianne Spiller <microspott@gmx.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/17/2004 00:05:43
Hi,

> But now, I often have to reboot the machine because I can't login over
> telnet/ ftp - I can connect, but no login prompt occurs.
I fixed this, problem seemed to be the DNS...

Another question is about how to compile on this system; I need mysql on
the server (4.0.16), and mysql needs mit-pthreads, and this does not
compile:

checking host system type... Invalid configuration
`sgimips-unknown-netbsd1.6.2': machine `sgimips-unknown' not recognized
(and so on). The same error occured when I compiled gtk and some of its
dependencies, and try-and-error gave me a workaround. But I'm at a loss
with this now.

  Marianne