Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY
To: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/22/2004 14:41:50
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at  9:06pm, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Subject: Re: panic: cache error -- on R5k INDY

> > Owie.   I just reinstalled NetBSD/sgimips on my INDY R5K and got a hole
> > messa cache errors followed by a panic.
>
> Welcome to the club! ;-)  I posted earlier about a similar problem
> on my Indigo2 and on a newly installed Challenge S under the
> subject "Problems bringing 2.0C up on Challenge S system".

Eeep.   You're right that we are dead-in-the-water with this port for sure.
I've checked every kernel from releng and my own nightly builds going back
to the 2.0 split, and (with the exception that releng's 0331 kernel won't
even BEGIN to boot) they all fail similarly.

This won't make Jan Brady happy :)

-scott