Subject: Audio device on O2
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/30/2004 11:20:53
Is the audio device on the O2 a:

 "On-board HAL2 audio interface (haltwo)"

as mentioned on http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sgimips/? I haven't worked
with audio on NetBSD at all before, and I'd like to poke at it on my O2
R5000 with the audio/video module.

I appear to have all the devices created in /dev, but I don't believe
that the kernel support is there in the kernel I'm running (the GENERIC
named 'random' that was recently posted to this list):

# audioctl encodings
audioctl: /dev/audioctl0: Device not configured

The GENERIC32_IP3x file cotnains this line related to audio:

# Audio support
audio*  at audiobus?

though dmesg | grep audio doesn't show anything.

Assuming that the audio device *is* supported, what should I seeing in
dmesg? What do I need to do to enable it?

Thanks,

-T

--
Page 5: It is impossible to learn everything about Unix. Concentrate on
what you need and what you think you will enjoy.