Subject: Re: Newer kernels not booting all the way & maximum RAM problems
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/24/2004 14:56:14
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at  2:49pm, sgimips NetBSD list wrote:
> Subject: Re: Newer kernels not booting all the way & maximum RAM problems

it turns out that the releng snapshot dated 20040105 is actually a Jan 26
build:

NetBSD 1.6ZG (INSTALL32_IP3x) #0: Mon Jan 26 05:44:57 UTC 2004
        cyber@tgm.netbsd.org:/autobuild/HEAD/sgimips/OBJ/autobuild/HEAD/src/sys/arch/sgimips/compile/INSTALL32_IP3x

Thus, the break must have happened between the Jan 26 releng build and the Jan 28
releng build (Which actually says Jan 31 in the kernel?!?):

NetBSD 1.6ZI (INSTALL32_IP3x) #0: Sat Jan 31 06:04:41 UTC 2004
        cyber@tgm.netbsd.org:/autobuild/HEAD/sgimips/OBJ/autobuild/HEAD/src/sys/arch/sgimips/compile/INSTALL32_IP3x

Don't know what's happened to the timestamps on releng, but the 1.6ZG kernel boots
both for INSTALL and GENERIC IP32, and the 1.6ZI kernels do not.

-scott