Subject: Re: Any alternatives to fx(1) for creating a boot able hard drive on an O2?
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/18/2004 19:32:19
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 06:20:17PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> I backtracked to the March 03/2004 kernel and it makes it past that
> point.
<snip>
> Terminal type? [
>
> And there it hangs. FWIW, the Feb 29 kernel does the same thing.

I kept backtracking and trying different daily builds. Jan 5th gets past
the terminal type prompt and allows me to install, but it doesn't
recognize the onboard NIC so I can't actually fetch the sets to install.

OTOH, the Jan 31st build (the next one on the releng FTP site) has the
"freeze on terminal promot with a [ symbol" problem.

I'd really like to use the on-board NIC. Is there a recommended install
kernel that I can use?

-T

--
"Many people are afraid of freedom. They are conditioned to be afraid of it."
	- Herbert Marcuse, New York Times, 27/10/1968