Subject: Re: Any alternatives to fx(1) for creating a boot able hard drive on an O2?
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/18/2004 10:01:53
On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 12:47:21AM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:43:08AM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
>
> > Is there a way around this?
>
> Boot the netbsd-INSTALL32_IP3x kernel (decompress first).  No NFS tomfoolery
> necessary.

Oh! Ok, I've found where that's covered in INSTALL.txt (the FAQ
bootstrapping method was the way I was trying it). It makes sense.

[time passes]

I've now fiddled with the tftp server and the dhcp server. Booting the
install kernel is working ... and, hmmm. My serial-over-ethernet
terminal server isn't responding anymore.

I'll have to try again once that get resolved.

Thanks for your pointers,

-T

--
Dennis Ritchie: "So fsck was originally called something else"
Question: "What was it called?"