Subject: Re: Any alternatives to fx(1) for creating a boot able hard drive on an O2?
To: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/18/2004 09:17:01
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:03:22PM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 07:58:43AM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
>
> > when I installed via a botoable cd obtained from (Scott's site)
>
> Don't Do That(tm).  Those images are old.  ahc on IP32 has resource allocation
> bugs that preclude installation from CDROM.

Ah, that explains a few things then.

> Retrieve the latest autobuild binaries from releng.netbsd.org.  Netboot the
> IP32 installation kernel, per the installation instructions.

Is /pub/NetBSD-daily/current/200403120000/sgimips/binary/sets (and
/kernel) the right directory to use? There's a slightly newer date
directory, but it doesn't have a sgimips subdirectory. I noticed that it
has the X packages ... is that working on O2s now?

Is INSTALL.txt or the FAQ "bootstrapping" entry the best set of
instructions?

> Enjoy the goodness of NetBSD/sgimips.

I certainly hope so, I've wanted an O2 for years :-)

Thanks for your help,

-T

--
The main difference between lusers & budgies is that it's standard
practice to keep one's budgie in a cage. I feel that there is a lesson