Subject: Any alternatives to fx(1) for creating a boot able hard drive on an O2?
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/17/2004 23:41:03
Howdy folks,

I'm attempting to install the sgimips port for the first time on an O2
(R5000). I've been using the pmax port on a DECStation 5000/25 for about
a year, but I'd like try a little more modern MIPS architecture.

Is there any way around the need for IRIX fx(1) to create a bootable
hard drive for use with NetBSD? I don't have access to IRIX and I bought
my O2 without a harddrive so the IBM 4.51GB SCA SCSI disk (PN 76H5817)
that I installed instead doesn't have the SGI volume header partition.

Thanks for your time,

-T

--
Page 491: If you want to master emacs, it helps to believe in
reincarnation, because there is no way you are going to learn it all in