Subject: Re: NetBSD on SGI Octane
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 03/06/2004 22:22:49
--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:02:06PM +0100, Richard Braun wrote:

> I'd need pointers to what is needed to make NetBSD/sgimips support
> this station

The first bit will be making the 32-bit toolchain emit 64-bit object code.
gcc will do it, but binutils has lagged -- and I've lacked the time to make
it work for both cross and native targets.

(this is necessary because the Octane, as with several other r10k targets,
has ARCS firmware that will boot only elf64 binaries.  This plays merry hell
with our elf32 toolchain)

I've some small documentation on Octane ASICs (heart, crossbow, etc).  Once
the toolchain issue is sorted out, it wouldn't be too difficult to sort out
the basics.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--