Subject: Help a newbie
To: 'port-sgimips@netbsd.org' <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Paolo Supino <paolo@telmap.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/28/2003 18:54:23
Hi

 I'm new to NetBSD and thus the problem I'm having is (probably) a simple
RTFM.
If it is please don't just RTFM me, but also point what I'm missing.
  I received an SGI Indy system and I'm trying to install NetBSD On it (well
duh ;) I
have a DHCP server running on Solaris and it was configured according to the
install
instructions. I setup a tftp server on a linux system I have (Solaris source
port was
> 32767 thus not suitable for installing on the Indy and I can't freely
limit the port range,
Something that I can do freely on the linux box, and did) and set the IP of
the linux running
The tftp server in the server-name directive of dhcp daemon on the solaris
box. I copied
The files netbsd-INDY-INSTALL and netbsd-INDY-INSTALL.ecoff to the tftproot
directory
And renamed them to netbsd-sgimips (seperately) and tried to boot the Indy
but it
Complained that the file isnot a valid boot file (with either file). Looking
on the web I only
found about the limit of source port having to be below 32K and nothing
else. The content
 of  ip_local_port_range on the linux machine is "1024    4999" so it
shouldn't be a problem
(I can't sniff the network card because the CPU is too slow and can't handle
the
Processing required by the sniff).
  Anyone have an idea what I did wrong and why it doesn't boot?

TIA

	Paolo