Subject: Re: isa on indigo2
To: Steve Rumble <rumble@ephemeral.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/26/2003 22:23:10
In message <20031125235133.GB26529@t23.ephemeral.org>, you write:

-> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 05:50:28PM -0500, Tom Vier wrote:
-> > is it supported? i don't see anything in the kernel configs. if it isn't,
-> > are the docs, by any chance, available so i can add support? i can't imagi
-> ne
-> > it being too difficult.
->
-> Apparently Pascal Dameme got somewhere with it:
-> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2002/05/09/0000.html
->
-> But I don't recall hearing anything more after that. As for docs,
-> I haven't seen anything sgi-specific regarding eisa, but perhaps
-> the implementation is rather standard.

At least part of that not hearing anything about it is probably my
fault -- Pascal sent me his code and I never got around to playing
with it.  Then, my free time became even more scarce, and so his
changes have sat in one of home directories largely untouched.

I still have a 3c507 sitting in my Indigo2 and probably a bunch of
other ISA cards I could cannibalize for it from the old 486es and
Pentium boxes sitting in the basement closet, but as always, time
is scarce :-/

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill