Subject: Re: O2 ahc problems
To: Jose R.Rey <king@v2project.com>
From: Izak Burger <iburger@cs.sun.ac.za>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/25/2003 09:08:13
Jose R.Rey wrote:
> In effect
> this method also worked for me,
> but after get the pkgsrc tarball and tried to compile some ports,
> the machine get frezed,

Still have to get that far.  Eeesh, So many toys to play with, so little
time.

> i think about a soft bug, due that in irix the CD drive do his work well

We had some kind of support agreement in the past (before I got here)
which has since expired.  That means I have a whole bunch of indy's and
one O2 with no software to run on them, and I don't even know where to
get Irix in Africa... :-)  Probably order from overseas and pay some
ridiculous ammount for a machine which is about as fast as a Pentium 200
(Pentium 133 in the case of the Indy's, I actually benchmarked one of
them on Linux before the PSU blew).

The O2 looks really cute though.

> Notes: i asume that all of the destination people of this emails are
> subscribed to the list, why not post only to list?

Because I'm used to lists that sets the reply address to the list, and
usually I only need to click "reply-all" and all is fine (that is, it
will go to the list only unless someone was cc'ed).  Been some time
since I was on a list running on majordomo, pretty much everyone
switched to mailman in this part of the world.  Anyway, I will take care
in future.

Cheerio,
Izak
--
Man who speeds in town reaches red traffic light first.

Izak Burger                                  Email: iburger@cs.sun.ac.za
Homepage: http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/  Tel: +27 21 808 4863

Please avoid sending me Word attachments.
See http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/noword.html