Subject: Re: SGI cdrom images
To: port-sgimips <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: phufnagel <phufnagel@snet.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/24/2003 08:04:26
>> EZCD doesn't like that one either ("does not appear to be a valid CD image")

>It's not.  It's an iso9660 image encapsulated in a bootable SGI image.
>See if your burning software has an option to disable image sanity checks.
>FWIW, cdrecord has no problems with the image :)
>-- Chris.

Well, it just prompted me to finish building my new server (P3/450, adaptec
RAID 120GB drives mirrored), and put the CD writer into it.  Worked like a
charm w/ cdrecord.  Didn't get a chance to try it on the Indy's last night,
had to take the cat to the emergency Vet, but maybe today.

Also have a couple of old Indigo's (two R3K, on R4K) I want to try the
Indigo snapshot on when I get a chance.  And, sitting down in the garage,
I have a Crimson.  One of these days I'll give that a try and see if I can
get it to at least try to netboot a kernel (even if it fails).

Pete