Subject: Re: 20031120 snapshot freezes Indy R5k
To: Vladimir Kotal <vlada@devnull.cz>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/23/2003 11:47:43
On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 09:09:53PM +0100, Vladimir Kotal wrote:

> This problem can be reproduced, every time I tried to install this
> snapshot, machine freezed while making device nodes.

"Freeze" as in "hitting enter a few times doesn't show anything on the
console", or "freeze" as in "zero activity whatsoever"?

> 1.6.1 installs fine and it also detects L2 cache for R5k.

Detects but disables L2.  However, if this were a L2 botch it should have
died before it spawned sysinst.  It wouldn't be 100% reproducible.

> 20031120 snapshot also failed to detect disk geometry right, whereas 1.6.1
> seems to detect it w/out problem.

This bit is due to scsipi changes in -current, and appears to be harmless (I
see it on my r5k ip32).

I've just performed a complete install on my ip24.  No problems whatsoever.

Please send the output of "hinv -t" and the installation kernel dmesg.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)