Subject: 20031120 snapshot freezes Indy R5k
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Vladimir Kotal <vlada@devnull.cz>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/22/2003 20:14:17
Hello,

I've tried to install 20031120 snapshot on Indy R5k (XZ graphics, 160M
RAM, PROM 5.3 Rev B10 R4X00/R5000 IP24 Feb 12, 1996 (BE)),
but it freezed in the moment, it started making device nodes.

All I got when sysinst was executing "/bin/sh MAKEDEV all" was
couple of "chown : uucp : invalid user name" messages. Then the whole
thing freezed, I even had to plug out power cable to reboot the machine.

This problem can be reproduced, every time I tried to install this
snapshot, machine freezed while making device nodes.

Can someone help with this ?

v.