Subject: Re: O2 building userland over NFS?
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/16/2003 12:22:52
In message <031016234248.M0119406@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>, you write:

-> In article <031013225340.M0101500@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>
-> I wrote:
->
-> > Umm, today I put 3C905-TX to my O2 (hw cksums are disabled)
-> > and tried build.sh on NFS root, then I got gcc's
-> > "Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 9"
-> > error during bt_open.po target on do-lib-libc.
-> >
-> > I'll try it again with root and /usr on sd0 and /usr/src on NFS.
->
-> This is complete without problem, and after updating all binaries
-> on NFS root, build.sh on whole NFS root is also done without errors.
-> I'm not sure what was the problem (ld.elf_so?), but at least
-> ex(4) would not have bug.
-> (though it has unnecessary DMAMAP_SYNC_{PRE,POST}WRITE for RX mbufs..)

Ah, interesting.  I managed to free up enough room on the local disk that
my build completed and I installed the newly built userland, so I'll give
the build-on-NFS another try.

Thanks!
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill