Subject: Re: Snapshot 20030919 available
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/20/2003 09:49:53
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:14:10PM +0400, Alexander V. Nikolaev wrote:

> Have I any chances to adopt latest O2 related changes to my r10k based IP28?
> (I mean r10k related patch, seen in this list about month ago)

Unfortunately, the IP28 boot ROM will only load mips64 executables.  One could
theoretically compile a mips64 kernel, but the mips port isn't rigged for
64-bit anything at this point.

The right thing to do is to make an intermediate bootloader that speaks
bootp() and loads mips32 binaries.  I've started working on this and will
make a binary available for testing soon.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)