Subject: Re: O2 PCI slot specification
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 09/16/2003 12:34:00
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Rafal Boni wrote:

>In message <1063652025.8575.5.camel@greulix.cevis.uni-bremen.de>, you write:
>
>-> Hi, I would like to add an USB PCI card to my O2. What kind of cards are
>-> supported by netbsd that are also supported by the O2 hardware (32/64
>-> bit bus?, 5V?). Thank you.
>
>As others have said, it's 64-bit slot, though I'm unsure of voltages.

From:
http://hsi.web.cern.ch/HSI/s-link/devices/s32pci64/slottypes.html
http://obsolete.majix.org/computers/sgi.o2/o2r5k.shtml

Looking at pictures I've found on the web, it looks like the O2 uses 5V
bus.

So you'll need a card keyed towards the front of the machine (furthest
away from the back plate.)

--
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

    /"\
    / \