Subject: Re: ESC key kills NetBSD?!
To: Doug McLean <douginhanoi@yahoo.com>
From: sgimips NetBSD list <sgimips@mrynet.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/23/2003 15:49:45
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at  1:22pm, Doug McLean wrote:
> Subject: ESC key kills NetBSD?!

This sounds suspiciously like you're installing and/or
running from a graphics console.

If this is the case, then don't :)
The NetBSD/sgimips port is not yet ported to boot from
a graphics console.  The serial console must be used.

The problem is that the ARCS PROM still has control of
the keyboard, and is interpreting ESC, ^C and some
other keys.  ESC and ^C will throw you back into the
PROM with no possibility of returning back to NetBSD.

If this isn't the problem, can you give more info on
the boot setup, etc?

Regards,
-scott