Subject: ESC key kills NetBSD?!
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Doug McLean <douginhanoi@yahoo.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/23/2003 13:22:02
Hello all,

Here's another conundrum for your collective wisdom.
Having successfully install NetBSD-1.6 on an Indy
R4600 (IP22), I have been playing around with it when
I noticed something is wrong.

I am using a standard SGI PS/2 keyboard for this Indy,
and to my surprise, when I push the ESC key (any maybe
some other keys though I cannot verify this), NetBSD
just dies and returns to the SGI System Maintenance
menu.  Please excuse me if that isn't the right term.

In any case, I tried to recreate the problem, and it
happens maybe 2/3 times when I push the ESC.  This
makes using programs like vi a little difficult.  ;p

I suspect this is a bug in a driver somewhere, and I
have seen some posting regarding support issues for
SGI keyboard drivers, but I was wondering if this was
a known problem.  If so, does anyone have a fix?

In any case, I will be submitting a PR pretty soon.
Thanks all for your time!

Sincerely,

=====
Doug McLean,
Proud Member of the vast Communist Conspiracy