Subject: Re: installation help: boot partition too full?
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Doug McLean <douginhanoi@yahoo.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/23/2003 13:04:21
Hi Rafal et al,

> -> Any clues as to what is wrong?  I read something
> about
> -> maybe needed Irix's fx tool, but I think the disk
> -> already has an Irix volume label.  Does that
> volume
> -> label need to be cleared out or something?
>
> Odds are you've answered the question yourself
> correctly 8-)

You're right I did.  ;)

I did as you suggested.  I got into the shell, and
played around with sgivol, and cleared out the headers
there.  After that, the install worked perfectly!  I
can only assume that it indeed had some Irix stuff in
there that had to go.

Thanks very much for getting back to me!  You guys are
great!  I will fill out the PR report shortly.

Thanks again!
Doug McLean

=====
Doug McLean,
Proud Member of the vast Communist Conspiracy