Subject: Framebuffer configuration - O2/Indy
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Swift Griggs <ssgriggs@xexil.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/13/2003 04:35:13
	I am considering loading NetBSD on a few of my SGI's simply to
experiment with the functionality it is able to provide at this time.
Could someone give me a quick description of the capabilities of the
framebuffer drivers for the O2 and XL24 graphics on the Indy? I'm rather
fond of the framebuffer architecture in Linux, and the configurablity it
provides. Can one switch resolutions, refresh, and color depth in the
SGIMIPS port running on an O2 for example? Is there any acceleration
provided? Thanks in advance for any info.

swift