Subject: Re: sysinst fixes for sgimips
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/11/2003 13:29:07
In message <20030211172459.GA21905@antioche.lip6.fr>, you write:

-> Hi,
-> The attached diff are intended to fix 2 problems with the sgimips part of
-> sysinst:
-> the size of disk is computed as cyl*head*sect, which is wrong for modern
-> disks. It usually is smaller (which doens't cause harm, unless you want
-> to use an existing partititon which goes to the real end of disk), but
-> I suspect it may sometimes be larger ...

Sounds reasonable.

-> The second problem is that, in the partition editor, the option "use
-> existing partitions" isn't handled at all, and you end up with only C
-> and D defined.

I seem to recall adding some notes to the sgimips release notes/install
docs about this, so if you're going to do this, you should also make sure
the release notes are up-to-date.

-> While I'm there use get_real_geom() instead of custom code to get the
-> existing disklabel.
->
-> How does the patch look ?
-> Eventually I'd like to ask pullup for 1.6.1, so please review.

It looks reasonable to me, but between a nasty cold and cold drugs, my
head is a little foggy 8-).  I'll try and take a look at it again once
my cold is gone...

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill