Subject: Re: Technical docs for O2 / Indy video hardware
To: Swift Griggs <ssgriggs@xexil.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/29/2003 14:28:31
On Wed Jan 29 2003 at 03:13:47 -0700, Swift Griggs wrote:

> Is there a good source for programmer documentation for:
>
> 1. Using the dmedia API for use with the analog video capture hardware on
>    the Indy and O2 (under IRIX)?

IIRC they're documented at least in the insightbooks. And I do think
there's a fair number of example programs, and I remember that the manual
pages are ok also.

> 2. The hardware itself (ie.. specs on the chips that could be used to
>    write drivers for NetBSD)?

Hmm, it might be that there is a lot less documentation for this ;)

I think the O2 video capture engine is supported in linux, so you could
probably glance at their code.

> I'm new to port-mips so could someone in the know give a blurb about the
> current state of supporting the video display and capture hardware for O2
> and Indy workstations?

non-existent, contributions welcome ;).

ps. the correct list for this is port-sgimips, not port-mips

  - antti

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/