Subject: Re: SGI O2 support in NetBSD.
To: None <fd@flemming.danielsen.name>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/21/2003 01:51:41
--==_Exmh_114217291335P

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0301202244240.1233-100000@localhost.localdomain>, you
 write:

-> I am new to netbsd, and I want to make it run on my O2's. I tried to
-> follow the description on the web. But am I supposed to be able to boot
-> the ip32 kernel ?

O2 support has only fairly recently been re-added back in, so you'll need
a very recent sgimips GENERIC kernel (as opposed to GENERIC_INDY); if you
have a R5k or Rm5200 O2, it should work, though..

-> if not is it possible to compile a NetBSD kernel on linux or does it only
-> work on NetBSD i386 ?

It should work on recent linuxes (I believe folks have built on RH >= 7.x).
It if doesn't, that's probably a bug.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill

--==_Exmh_114217291335P

--==_Exmh_114217291335P--